Availability of Application Form:
Candidates can apply online at www.soa.ac.in
There is no examination / application fees.
Any correspondence in future will be made to Director, Admissions through the e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. The candidate must mention the Application Number, Name, Date of Birth, Mobile Number and e-mail ID.
Admit Card/ Hall Ticket:
- The Hall Ticket will be issued only to those eligible candidates who have submitted their online application forms complete in all respects, on or before the last date as specified.
- The Hall Ticket will contain name, photograph, programme, subject, address of the candidate, address of the Test Centre allotted and test schedule.
- Hall ticket can be downloaded from 15th April 2018 onward through candidates login / dashboard.
- The Hall Ticket once received should be carefully examined by the candidate. If any discrepancy is noticed it should immediately be brought to the notice of the Director, Admissions.
- No candidate will be permitted to attend the test without a valid Hall Ticket. The Hall Ticket should be presented to the invigilators for verification.
- Candidate must not tamper with the Hall Ticket or alter any entry made therein after it has been authenticated.
- The Hall Ticket is not transferable to any other person. Impersonation is a legally punishable offence.
- The Hall Ticket is an important document. It should be preserved and produced at the time of counseling and admission.
- Hall Ticket not received due to application being incomplete: SOA University does not take any responsibility to inform candidates whose applications are incomplete. Candidates are advised to double check that the application form is complete in all respects before posting.
- Candidates must preserve the admit card till the admission process is over.
Rules for Online Entrance Examination:
- The SAAT – 2018 online examination will be held at different centres as per the schedule.
- The medium of examination is English.
- The examination hall shall be opened to the candidates half an hour before the examination commences. No candidate will be allowed to enter into the examination hall without a valid admit card and original ID proof submitted at the time of application.
- Candidates are required to take their respective seats at least 15 minutes before the commencement of the examination, strictly according to the sitting chart notified earlier by the Centre Superintendent.
- In no case a candidate shall be allowed to enter the examination hall after the examination starts.
- Candidate has to sign with their full signature in Attendance Roll sheets provided by the Director (Admissions), against their Roll Numbers, 15 minutes before the commencement of examination.
- Do not carry any of your belongings inside the examination centre including mobile phone, cellular phones, pagers, palm tops, blue tooth devices, or any electronic device which has the potential of misuse in cheating or unauthorized communication during the examination.
- You are required to produce your Hall Ticket and IDproof (which bears your photograph and date of birth) at the registration desk without which entry will not be allowed.
- At the registration desk, your identity is varied, Hall Ticket scanned, photograph captured and a computer will be allotted to you.
- For rough work a blank sheet will be provided. All rough work needs to be done in the blank sheet only.
- The administrator is authorized to dismiss you from the rest session of examination for any of the following reasons:
Creating disturbance, Attempting to take the test on behalf of someone else, Talking to other examinees, Attempting to tamper with the computer system - either hardware or software, If found with calculators, slide rules, pagers, cell phones, concealed microphones, wireless devices or any other material that may aid in answering questions, In addition, specific instructions mentioned by invigilators to be followed during the entrance examination.
- No candidate will be allowed to leave the hall until the examination is over. Ordinarily no candidate shall be allowed to leave the hall temporarily during the examination.
- Candidates are not permitted to talk to each other in the examination hall. No one should receive any help from or assist another in any manner. Malpractice in any form detected during or after the examination would lead to not only cancellation of candidature but also more severe punishment as deemed fit by the SAAT–2018 committee.
- A candidate wishing to say anything should stand up in his/her seat and remain standing till the invigilator attends him/her. He/she should in no case leave the seat or make any noise to draw the invigilator’s attention.
- In any other matter not mentioned in these rules, the Centre Superintendent is empowered to take necessary decisions
Course Code for Entrance Examination :
Click here to Read More
Online Examination Programme:
The SAAT–2018 will be held on 20th to 30th April 2018 and the duration of the entrance examination is 2hrs.
- In each of the sections, every question is followed by 4 answer options. Choose the option that is most appropriate. Indicate your answer by clicking on the circle adjacent to the option you think is right.
- You can go to any question directly by clicking on the question number, which will appear at the bottom of the screen. The answered question number will be marked Green and the unanswered / skipped question number will remain in blue.
- If you are doubtful of the answer, you can mark a question for review using the ‘Mark for review button’. This will be unmarked once you come back to the same question at a later time and change the answer.
- If you want to change the answer of any question, you may select the question and change the answer by clicking on the appropriate answer.
- Each correct answer fetches 4 marks. There is negative marking. 1 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer.
- If you have completed answering all the questions in the sequence of a particular section, you will be automatically directed to the first question of the next section.
- You can move between sections at your will.
- The test closes automatically once the allotted time of 120 Minutes are over.
- In case you finish your test before allotted time, you will get a confirmation page which will give you two options. Either to go back to the test or to complete the test.
- In case you want to review the answers in the remaining time you can do so, else you may complete the test and submit. Ensure that you click on submit as a sign of completion.
Separate merit list for all qualifying candidates shall be prepared on the basis of SAAT – 2018 results in the following manner.
- One merit list for the candidates seeking admission to B.Tech. courseon the basis of marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- One merit list for the candidates seeking admission to B.Pharm. / B.Sc. Agriculture course on the basis of marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics / Biology.
- One each for the Candidates of diploma streams seeking admission under Lateral Entry scheme to B.Tech., MCA, B.Pharm, and BHMCT courses.
- One each for candidates seeking admission to MCA, M.Tech. (branch wise), M.Sc. (All), M.Sc. Agriculture, MBA, MHA, MHM, MTTM, M.Pharm., LLM, M.Sc. Nursing& MBA Agribusiness Courses.
- One for candidates seeking admission to BHMCT, B.A. LL.B. (H), BBA LL.B. (H), BBA, BCA Courses.
- One each for candidates seeking admission to B.Sc. Nursing and Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing Courses.
In addition, separate merit lists will also be drawn for candidates qualifying under each of the reservation categories. Each qualified candidate shall be given a rank card.