Dept. of Surgery
Dr. Prakash Kumar Sahoo, Professor
- Awarded Fellowship FICS in International College of Surgeons conference ICSISCON-2016 at Pune .
- Awarded fellowship FMAS in Minimal access Surgeons conference AMASICON-2016 .
- Awarded fellowship FAIS in ASICON-2015 at Gurgaon .
- Organised Odisha State Surgeons ConferenceOSASICON-2016 as joint organising secretary.
- Quiz Master for “SURGIQUIZ” in OSASICON-2016 & 2017.
- Organised the medical education workshop as co-ordinator of MEU at IMS & SUM Hospital in January and July-2017.
- Guest speaker in National Surgery update of ASI held at Hyderabad in May 2016.
- Chairperson in IAGESCON-2016 at Srinagar.
- Guest Speaker in AMASICON-2016 atKolkatta
- Convener Scientific Committee of the forthcoming IAESCON-2017 to be held at Puri ,Odisha.
Dept. of Orthopedics
Dr. Jaganath Sahoo , Professor & HOD
- Elected Vice President of Indian Stem Cell study Group.
- Delivered first Balu Shankaran Oration in Indian Orthopedic Annual conference held at Jaipur 2015.
- Invited among fifteen doctors of India to International GFAC 2017 held at Chongqing, China to deliver speech on CTEV.
- Conducted first National CME on Stem cell therapy in IMS & Sum Hospital 2017.
Dept. of Community Medicine
- Dr. E. Venkat Rao & Dr. Sandeep Kumar Panigrahi attended workshop on climate change & presented scientific session at the University of Chicago, Delhi Office.
- Dr. Lipilekha Pattnaik & Dr Sumitra Pattnaik have been selected as National trainees for ICD-II training conducted by WHO at Delhi.
- Dr. Sandeep Kumar Panigrahi & Dr Jyoti Ranjan Sahu have been recommended for state level trainees cum implementers for MR campaign by MOHFW supported by WHO.
- Dr. E. Venkat Rao , Dr Sandeep Kumar Panigrahi , Dr Lipilekha Pattnaik ,Dr. Jyotiranjan Sahoo are state level trainers forINAP- IAPPD rolled by AIIMS –UNICEF.
- Dr. E. Venkat Rao , Dr. Lipilekha Patnaik, Dr. Sandeepkumar Panigrahi and Dr Jyoti Ranjan Sahu have been the trainers for National Level Workshop on Research Methodology, Bio statistics using SPSS workshop.
- Dr. E Venkat Rao and Dr Jyoti Ranjan Sahu has been inducted to the team of consultant for smart Bhubaneswar planning.
- Dr. Sandeep Kumar Panigrahi was selected as sponsored candidate by ‘ THE UNION”for PUBMED search and Reference Management training at Shillong.
Dept. of Medicine
From a modest beginning in 2005 this Department could become a teaching unit of Medical College in July 2007. The department has been in academic fore front by conducting regular CME every year with State level participation as well as National out reach .We did conduct State level API in 2014 with record participation of more than 400 delegates & 10 speakers of national repute that included Prof Malaviya, the Doyen of Rheumatology of India and National President of API. Dr. Rajesh Srivastav. Updates in sub specialties like Diabetology ,Rheumatology and Oncology as well as Toxicology has been regular features of our institution. Our post graduates have excelled in getting 1st & 2nd prizes in Poster Presentation at State level competition. Members our faculty Dr. Abhay Sahoo, Dr. Jyoti Ranjan Parida , Prof B.N Panda have been invited as guest faculty at various National academic gatherings. Since the academic year 2017 MCI has kindly granted permission to have 10 Post graduate admission every year. With more than 90% bed occupancy this department remains a preferred and sought after destination for patient of Odisha & neighbouring States. We are supported by our subspecialties like Cardiology, Neurology, Gastroenterology, Rheumatology, Oncology,Nephrology, Hematology and Critical care. ICU , Dialysis facilities , endoscopic interventions adds feathers to our cap of seamless modern medicare under one single roof.