The Faculty of Hospitality & Tourism Management (FHTM), functions from the School of Hotel Management which was established in 2004 with approval of AICTE, Govt. of India. It has the state-of-the-art infrastructure to support skill development/training of hotel management graduates.
The institute has carved out a niche for itself in the field of Hospitality and Tourism Education, Training and Research in India within this short span. The Faculty has produced bright employable graduates for tourism, travel, hospitality and allied sectors and each of our Alumni works as brand ambassador for achieving 100 `)/0 placements consistently, thereby creating goodwill in the industries with their skills, perseverance, honesty and loyalty. The faculty's endeavour is to inculcate a strong sense of value in service that primarily gives confidence to take leadership in the organization, not just by loving the profession, but also by bringing vibrancy in the hospitality business. In its quest to deliver learning experience, the institute consciously and constantly endeavours to provide opportunities to gain experience of real-life situation; explore out-of-the-box thinking in the profession and demonstrate the creative skills in the hospitality & tourism business.
SHM is proud to be honoured as the Top Hotel Management institutes of India by CSR in April 2015. The Institute has also been awarded 'A+++' India's Top Private Hotel Management institute by The Pioneer, New Delhi. The Institute has been declared as a "Center of Excellence" by International Institute of Peace through Tourism, India Chapter. The Faculty offers a bouquet of courses such as 4 years Bachelor's Degree in Hotel Management & Catering Technology, 2 years Master's Degree in Travel & Tourism Management (MTTM), Hospitality Management (MHM), and Doctoral Programme in Hospitality, Tourism and allied areas, designed in sync with implicit and explicit needs of hospitality & tourism industry.
The pedagogical requirements are supported by well-defined in-house research programs. Apart from academic pursuits, the Faculty is involved in various social inclusiveness and extension programs by providing training and skill development for under privileged people to enhance their capability to become employable through the Government Sponsored programs like "Hunar Se Rozgar Tak".
Awards & Recognitions for School of Hotel Management
- Only AICTE Approved Hotel Management College in Odisha
- Accredited by NAAC.
- Top Hotel Management Institute of India by Competition Success Review (CSR) 2013,14 & 15
- “A+++” India’s Top Pvt. Hotel Management Institute by the Pioneer, New Delhi in 2013
- “Education Leadership Award” at 6th DNA(Daily News & Analysis) & Stars of the Industry Group’s Innovative B-School Awards
- Brand Academy Education excellence award 2014 New Delhi by Brands Academy
- Torch bearer Institution of India Tourism award 2017 by ReTHINK INDIA
School of Hotel Management is the only institute in the entire eastern region that has the state of the art facilities to train the students in the ever evolving hospitality and tourism business. The 30,000 sq ft of gleaming school building incorporates modern labs and classrooms which make an ideal environment for knowledge transformation. The most significant is the state of the art Lab facilities, where in the students learn about various cuisines and gain culinary skills to be competent enough in their work culture and prove themselves as an efficient manager or Chef in hospitality and tourism management Industry. Infrastructure to its best which are listed below:
- Modern A.C. class rooms, supported by latest Audio Visual aids.
- Modern training Kitchen, Bakery & confectionary Units, Model Guest Room, Training Restaurant & Bar, Front office Lab.
- Computer labs connected through lease line Internet round the clock.
- Comprehensive library well stocked with books, magazines, journals and periodicals.
- Hostel accommodation for both boys and girls.
- Personality Development Class, Group discussion, presentation skills and mock interviews to prepare the students adequate for the industry.
- Campus interviews to provide students the best employment opportunities across the globe.
- The institute has an elegant state of the art Auditorium equipped with latest hi-tech gadgets and equipment. This auditorium serves as the venue for seminars, workshops, conferences, events, presentations and display of educational videos conducted regularly by the institute.
Programs Offered at SHM
Bachelor in Hotel Management & Catering Technology (BHMCT)
Duration: 4 Years (8 Semesters)
Eligibility: Pass or appearing in 10+2 (Sc./Com./Arts) Lateral Entry BHMCT
Master of Hospitality Management (MHM)
Duration: 02 Years (6 Trimesters)
Eligibility: Graduation in any stream (Sc./Com./Arts)
Departments at SHM
SCHOOL OF HOTEL MANAGEMENT
(Faculty of Hospitality and Tourism Management)
SIKSHA ‘O’ ANUSANDHAN
(A Deemed to be University declared U/S 3 of the UGC Act, 1956)
Accredited by NAAC with 'A' Grade
Jagamara, Khandagiri, Bhubaneswar-751030, Ph.:0674-2350448
Visit us at: www.soa.ac.in/shm, email: firstname.lastname@example.org